Best Tire Repair Kit Available in The Market 2020
Have you ever been out on the road and you were stopped in your tracks by an unexpected puncture in your tire? Most of us have, and it never gets any less annoying than the very first time.
Do you remember what you did the last time you had a punctured tire? If you had to call a service to come and help you, we understand. However, the next time this happens, you could prevent having to call for help — simply get yourself a trustworthy tire repair kit and do the job yourself.
Having a tire repair kit in your trunk just might save your hide if you catch a puncture in the middle of nowhere, so they’re definitely a worthy purchase. How to pick the best one? We’ve got you covered. Check out our list of the best tire repair kit available in 2020.
What is the best tire repair kit?
Tooluxe Universal Tire Repair Kit
- [VERSATILE]: This flat tire repair kit includes an easy and quick plug kit to fix punctures for all tubeless tires on most cars, trucks, motorcycles, or vehicles with no need to remove the tire from...
- [DURABLE]: A fix kit for tire repair that includes a hardened steel spiral rasp and insert needle with a sandblasted finish for extra durability to repair tires.
This 35-piece best plug tire kit lands our coveted #1 spot and claims its place as our favorite. With a size that is not too big and not too small, it’s perfect for both quick repairs and more advanced plugs.
The most important thing: this is a universal tire repair kit. It can be used with any car make and any tire brand. It’s suited for cars, trucks, motorcycles, and ATV.
If there’s one downside, it’s that this kit doesn’t have as many tools as some others do. However, it provides a quick fix to most roadside problems and it doesn’t take up much room in your vehicle.
It features a set of durable tools that were built especially for plugging and repairing car tires. The main tools you’ll find here are the hardened steel spiral rasp and a sandblasted insert needle. Both of these have a T-handle design that makes them simple to turn.
The needle has a handy safety feature that prevents you from pushing it in too far — it has a round blocker on the shaft. Other than the two main tools, you’ll get 30 4″ string plugs, hex keys, and a sealing lubricant. All of these ensure that you will be able to use this kit multiple times before needing to shop for replacements.
Tire Repair Kit by TECCPO
- 100 Pieces and Labor-Saving Design - Containing the elaborate 100 pieces, this tools THTC04H can meet all your needs on tire repairing work totally. Tire repair kit is strictly complied with the top...
- Superior Quality's Materials - Better than any other brand, our T-handle is made of the solidest A3 steel material which is stronger than others and is hard to break. The plugging tool is difficult to...
If you liked the previous suggestion well enough but you found it a bit too small, this tire repair kit by TECCPO might just be the right option for you.
Fully decked out with 100 highly-durable pieces all safely stored in a carrying case, this is a tire repair kit that will satisfy most users, even professionals. The tools have all been tailored to ensure that you spend minimal amounts of time when repairing your tire.
One advantage this kit presents over other, similar options, is that it comes with detailed instruction for repairs. Even if you’d consider yourself a beginner or you’re simply a new driver, you will be able to patch your tire with this kit as long as you follow the guide.
The list of tools included here is really rather impressive. You’ll get the following:
- Quick tire repair nails
- T-handle spiral probe tool & T-handle insert tool (both made out of ultra-durable A3 steel)
- Utility knife
- Black tire valves
- Standard valve cores
- Black plastic valve caps
- Black plastic extension valves
- Self-vulcanization repair plugs
- Tire pressure gauge
- Replacement pieces
- Utility gloves
- Brown strings
With this many tools in your arsenal, you can be sure that the repairs will go smoothly. This is a universal repair kit that will fix punctures and plug flats in cars, trucks, RVs, ATVs, and jeeps.
On top of all the aforementioned tools, you’re also getting a handy carrying case and a full instruction manual. If you want to make sure you’re always covered, try this tire repair set.
ORCISH Tire Repair & Plug Kit
- [𝟵𝟴 𝗜𝗡 𝟭] Kinds of tools covering different types of punctures.T handle & solid plier allow you to have a firm and secure grip while performing tire repair.Tire Pressure Gauges can...
- [𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐓𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐬 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐐𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲]Made of refined high-quality steel & zinc alloy less prone to rust.High-quality...
This is yet another huge set that comes in a very secure tool case. You don’t have to worry about any of the pieces going missing or about the case itself sustaining any form of damage. Moreover, you’re getting a full tire repair kit that can help you with your roadside emergency.
With a massive 98 pieces, this repair kit features a whole lot of refined high-quality steel&zinc alloy tools. It’s also free of useless pieces — you’re only getting exactly what you need to patch a tire. This means that you’re getting the best bang for your buck when you pick up this set.
This is a universal set, but that’s not all there is to it. Apart from the usual assembly of cars, motorcycles, ATVs, trucks, and dirt bikes, you can use this to repair your tractor, lawnmower, RV, jeep & more. This works with heavier machinery just as well as it does on a light Vespa.
The tools are ergonomically designed. Some T-handles don’t have the easiest grip, but these are rather steady and easy to hold on to.
For an easy to use set that you can store safely in its dedicated case, check out ORCISH.
BETOLL Tire Repair Kit
- SIMPLE BUT COMPLETE--- Includes 1pc T-handle insert tool, 1pc T-handle spiral probe tool, 1pc “L” hex key, 1pc jar of lubricant, 15pcs self-vulcanization repair plugs , 2pcs tire value steams and...
- PLUG AND GO--- Easy to insert plugs keep you prepared for the next nail or object that finds its way into your tire and stops you could.Sturdy “T” handle made of heavy steel, and feel great in...
For a more compact set of tools, we recommend BETOOLL. This is a budget kit that will get you by in an emergency and might even help you patch your tire for a longer period of time.
What do you get when you purchase this relatively simple set? A T-handle insert tool and spiral probe tool, an “L” hex key, some repair plugs, tire value steams, a 4-way valve stem tool, and lastly a jar of lubricant. This covers just about everything you need for infrequent repairs.
The tools are made out of heavy steel that is easy to manage and holds steady in your hands. With their help, you will be able to repair the tire in your car, jeep, truck, SUV, ATV, tractor, lawnmower, toy hauler, trailer, motorcycle, and more.
All the tools come with a fabric-made case that locks with a zipper. This is probably the only downside to this cheap tire plugging kit — the case is not very sturdy, so make sure you hold it in a secure place.
This set will cover most needs for the majority of users. It will certainly get you by in a roadside emergency. If you don’t want to spend too much, check it out.
Slime Tire Repair Tackle Kit
- Tire repair tools organized in a green plastic tackle kit
- T-handle style reamer and plugger included
Slime is one of the most recognizable brands on the market. They offer a variety of tire repair, patching, & plugging solutions for users of all experience levels. This 9-piece set is one of their smallest, yet still comprehensive, options.
Suitable for all tires, from cars and trucks to lawnmowers, this set has the bare necessities — but sometimes, that’s all you really need. The tools come inside a sturdy tackle kit that’s easy to store and secure.
For a highly affordable price, you’re going to get repair strings, a T-handle rasp, a plug threader, and a silver pencil gauge. The pencil gauge has a two-sided pressure tongue. This allows for measuring 0-50 PSI and kPa pressures.
While this is a cheap set, you may be able to use it for a long time if all you’ve encountered was a nail puncture or something similar. If you don’t want to spend too much, but still want to feel safe out on the road, Slime is a decent solution.
Slime Smart Spair Emergency Tire Repair Kit
- Emergency tire repair complete kit: Tire inflator, 16oz (473 mL) sealant (refills available,) accessories for inflatables (sports balls), instructions, zipped storage bag
- Just 15 minutes and four simple steps to repair and fully inflate your tire. No jack needed and no need to remove the tire
Different from all the other ones on our list, this set is one of the best tire repair kits on the market. It contains only two, but both useful and powerful, elements: a tire inflator and Slime’s emergency tire repair sealant (yellow label).
It can be used with standard car tires of all makes. If you catch a flat tire, this is a quick and secure fix that will re-inflate the tire and then help you seal the puncture easily, allowing you to get to a repair shop.
While the sealant included here is only used for emergencies and will not hold long, this repair kit makes for a fantastic alternative to carrying a hefty spare tire in the back of your car. Slime’s yellow emergency sealant holds for around 3 hours or up to 100 miles before it has to be replaced with something more sturdy.
This kit is very easy to use and it takes care of repairs, tire pressure gauge, and more. This kit comes with everything you need. All you need to do is squeeze in the emergency tire sealant, inflate the tire until full capacity, and you’re done. No extra tools are needed — everything you need is right in this set.
This is a quick, non-permanent fix, but it doesn’t get much easier than that. Pick it up to make sure that you’re never left stranded.
Boulder Tools Heavy Duty Tire Repair Kit
- 🛠 PREMIUM UPGRADED STRINGS - Heavy Duty BROWN strings you can trust to provide a superior safety seal. MUCH STRONGER and repair much better than the CHEAP strings found in budget kits. Every aspect...
- 🛠 VERSATILE FLAT TIRE REPAIR KIT - Cars, Motorcycles, ATVs, Tractors, Lawn Mowers, RV, Dirt Bikes, Trailers, SUVs, Trucks and Spare Tire Repair Kit. Comes with 30 SUPERIOR BROWN tire plugs making...
Boulder Tools, much like Slime, is a brand known for their top-quality products. If you’d rather aim for more permanent solutions than a quick fix to drive to the repair shop, consider picking up this huge set of tools.
You don’t often see a set of tools that are as sturdy as the ones found here. This is a heavy-duty set that professionals may use just as often as all other kinds of drivers.
You can use Boulder Tools to fix a flat tire in a car, ATV, tractor, motorcycle, lawnmower, RV, dirt bike, trailer, jeep, truck, and more. It also comes with a number of tools that you don’t often find in competitor sets.
The full list of items that you get here is:
- T-handle insert tool & spiral probe
- Insert tool needle replacement
- Repair cords & strings
- A knife
- Needle nose pliers
- Hex keys
- Plastic tire valve caps & valve extenders
- Chrome tire valve caps & valve cores
- Replacement T-handle screws
- A jar of lubricant
- A 4-in-1 valve core tool
- A sturdy storage case
- A small accessory storage case
- Plugs for tires
This set can be referred to as the perfect size — it has 56 tools, covering everything you may need without taking up too much room. We’d have appreciated an instruction booklet, but for more experienced users, this is a very solid pick.
Stop & Go Tire Plugger
- On the Spot - On the Wheel Tubeless Tire Repairs
- (25) Mushroom shaped rubber plugs;
For quick & easy on-the-spot repairs, consider this tubeless tire repair kit. While it only works with tubeless tires, it does a fantastic job of fixing them right up and getting you back to your drive.
This is not a comprehensive set, but it has just about everything you may need in an emergency. Its biggest benefit comes from the ease of use. Almost anyone will be able to use this — even if you’re not a fan of car repairs, you’re not going to struggle here.
When you buy this, you get a vinyl zippered pouch to store everything in. Within it, you’ll find 25 mushroom-shaped rubber plugs, a plug insertion tool, a reamer tool, and a retractable blade. We’d have preferred a sturdier case, but this is not a massive set, so this will suffice. The number of plugs also ensures that you can complete several repairs before needing to buy more plugs.
It can be used with ATVs, motorcycles, dirt bikes, scooters, and utility vehicles. If you’ve got one of those and you want a simple fix to a flat tire, look no further.
Slime Flat Tire Repair Kit
- Emergency tire repair complete kit: Analog Tire inflator, 15.84oz (450 mL) sealant (refills available,) accessories for inflatables (sports balls), instructions, zipped storage bag
- Just 10 minutes to repair and fully inflate your tire with the simple push of a button. No jack or tools needed and no need to remove the tire or the valve core
Slime offers yet another very simple solution to a flat tire that takes very little time & has lasting effects. This digital plug kit for tires has its fair share of fans. Let’s talk about some of the reasons why it might be the right pick for you.
The main benefit of using this repair kit over the competitors is that it’s fully automatic. There’s little else for you to do but to push a button and wait the required 8 minutes while this digital repair tool does its job.
Once the flat has been inflated, Slime’s sealant is the next step. It instantly seals punctures of up to ¼” (6mm). It’s also easy to monitor the tire during the whole inflating process, all thanks to the digital display gauge that is integrated into the inflator.
It has a safe tire sensor that will not damage your tires. It has been approved by leading manufacturers to be secure to use with all car makes. It’s non-toxic, non-corrosive, and completely safe for both tires and rims.
While perhaps not the cheapest option, this tire repair kit is definitely one of the easiest ones. If you don’t mind spending a little extra, pick up Slime and drive worry-free for the years to come.
Griffin Offroad Deluxe Tire Repair Kit
- 80 PIECES - Every items needed to repair your punctured tires. 20 more pieces than most sellers on Amazon. Always be prepared.
- HEAVY DUTY TOOLS - Our product are made with the highest quality and backed with a lifetime warranty.
This is a full 80-piece set that covers just about anything you may wish for when the worst happens and you catch a flat tire. With a big set like this, all you need is a bit of time and patience to get yourself up and running again.
The tools included in Griffin’s tire repair kit are all heavy-duty. As this is an offroad-specific set, this is especially important. As you drive across uneven terrain, you need tools that don’t mind a bit of a shake-up.
The repairs are easy and can be done by most users without any hassle. What’s more — this set will literally last you years. You can repair up to 50 tires with just the plugs and other tools you’re already getting when you make this purchase.
While this is marketed as an offroad tire repair kit, it’s good for most vehicles. You can use these tools to fix up your car, truck, tractor, ATV, motorcycle, and more. Remember that it’s used to repair a tubeless tire. For those that want something comprehensive, Griffin’s tire repair kit is easy to use. What’s more, this tire plug kit comes with a number of tools that you can use in any emergency.
Best Tire Repair Kit: Common Questions & Buyer’s Guide
We hope that you’ve enjoyed your glance at our selection of the best tire repair kits currently on the market! However, simply having one in your trunk may not be the answer to each and every question. To make things easier for you, we’ve compiled this comprehensive buyer’s guide & FAQ.
Below, you’ll find out what to look for in tire repair kits. We will also address any pressing questions most users may have.
What are the benefits of tire repair kits?
If seeing the kits we’ve showcased above hasn’t convinced you yet, we’ll list a few of the key benefits of buying a tire repair kit as opposed to visiting a repair shop or carrying a spare tire.
- Portability — Carrying a spare tire takes up a whole lot of room in your trunk. A tire repair kit takes up next to no space while still being capable of getting you back onto the road fast.
- Ease of use — Most people will know how to use a tire repair kit. They often come with a set of instructions, and they can also be easily found online. Replacing a tire is not something everyone wants or knows how to do.
- Budget — Tires are not cheap! If you plug the tire the right way, you may be able to increase its lifespan by a whole lot. This will help you push off that unwelcome expense.
- Safety — Whether you own a car or a trailer, you definitely need to have some form of a backup solution if a puncture happens. Don’t risk being stranded and buy a tire repair kit.
- Accessibility — Tire plug sets are light and easy to carry. A tire, on the other hand, may be too heavy to lift for some people.
Best Tire Repair Kit — Things to Consider
While most tire plug kits are universal, you may find that there are differences between the different models that have an impact on whether a particular product is good for you or not. It’s true that these repair kits are usually relatively cheap, but there’s no reason to go in blind.
Save yourself some money and buy only when you’re sure that you’re going to enjoy this product. Check out some of the most important factors to consider below.
As you can see in the variety of products we discuss, the best tire repair kits come with a number of tools that you can use. The size of the kit will play a big part in your final decision.
Do you want something small and portable? If you don’t see yourself needing a full set of tools, pick up a small set that only contains the necessities. However, if you consider the price and storage, you will find that you might as well go with something bigger.
A set of 80-100 tools will have you covered under any circumstances. These tools are usually versatile and can come in handy for other things than just a tire puncture.
Some of the most common tools found in tire repair kits are:
- Plugging tools
- Tire pressure checkers (tools to check the pressure gauge)
- An Insertion tool
- Tire plugs
- String plugs
- Insert tools
- String plugs
A lot of kits are universal, but some may be designed especially for certain brands of tires or even car makes. There are also variants that are only used for trailers, tractors, or other heavy machinery as opposed to regular vehicles.
Whenever you buy a tire repair kit, doublecheck that it will work with your tires and with the type of vehicle you want to use it with. Even universal kits may not suit all types of machines, so it’s good to read that fine print before making your decision.
Another thing to consider is whether the tire repair kit is suitable for a tube tire or a tubeless tire. Keep that in mind and shop accordingly.
This may not seem like a big deal, but trust us — it really is. With the number of tools most tire repair kits have, it’s important that you buy one that comes with its’ own carrying case.
If you get your eyes on something that doesn’t have a case, we still highly recommend finding a storage compartment or a tool case of your own for storing the tire repair kit. You don’t want all these random tools to clutter the trunk of your car.
This is a question of efficiency and effort — just how fast and how easily do you want your tire to be patched? Do you have any experience in plugging tire punctures?
Some of the more advanced tire repair kits may seem overwhelming to beginners. If you’re only looking to quickly fix the issue and head straight to a repair shop, you won’t need a whole set of tools — an insertion tube, spiral probe, tire plugs, string plugs, and lube are all the things you need. It also helps to have something to measure tire pressure and check the pressure gauge, so look for that in your tire plug kit.
Want to plug your tire for a prolonged period of time? Definitely aim for one of these huge sets — they deliver all the tools you need. You’ll spend more time and effort on the repairs, but you’ll be left with a secure tire.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who makes the best tire plug kit?
Several brands are known for their high quality of products and a satisfactory level of reliability. One such brand is Slime — they make a wide variety of tire plug kits and approach the issue from many different angles. This ensures that everyone can find something that suits their particular needs.
Other brands that offer some of the best tires repair kits are ORCISH, BETOLL, Griffin, Tooluxe, Boulder Tools, and more. However, keep in mind that the brand is not the most important factor. Refer to our buying guide to check what to keep an eye out for and find the product that matches your needs.
Are TYRE repair kits any good?
Tire repair kits can be a real lifesaver and every driver should have one in their trunk. Even the safest roads in urban areas may cause a puncture — you never know what someone else might have left behind! To stay safe and not become stranded, purchasing a tire kit is the responsible thing to do.
Of course, there will be times when the use of a tire repair kit will not suffice. You may still need to visit an auto repair shop. However, using a tire repair kit will be much cheaper and easier to do than having to call a towing service or a repairman.
When this happens, you’ll be paying extra for both the distance and the time crunch. Going to a repair shop yourself, in your own time, is a much better solution that will save you a whole lot of money and stress.
Is Slime tire repair permanent?
Slime tire repair sealants coat the inside of the tire, which in turn seals small punctures. This sealant comes in several different colors: yellow, blue, and red. The type of sealant you use will have an impact on how long the solution will hold.
- The Emergency Tire Sealant comes with a yellow label. It’s used on highway vehicles that have an emergency in the form of a flat tire. It instantly seals punctures up to ¼”. This tire repair solution is not permanent. It should be removed within 3 days or a maximum of 100 miles on the road. Use this only to get to the nearest repair shop.
- The blue-labeled Prevent and Repair Tire Sealant was designed for use on tires that are tubeless. This is a non-highway sealant. It has a much greater lifespan of up to two years and is recommended for ATVs, mowers, tractors, trailers, wheelbarrows, and more.
- Prevent and Repair Sealant for Tubes has a distinctive red label. The formula here was designed to be used with inner tubes. When pre-installed, it offers a full range of benefits for up to 2 years.
As you can see, there is no Slime tire repair that would be permanent. However, some variants can last up to 2 years, which makes them a very solid pick for most drivers.
Is it best to patch or plug a tire?
In general, a patch is considered to be a higher quality option when it comes to tire repairs. A well-applied patch has the chance to stay in place for a long time and may prolong your tire’s life by quite a bit of time.
Plugs are ideal when you’ve had an unfortunate accident involving a nail or another kind of blunt object that caused a puncture. If your tire is leaking air, you will need to remove the cause and then plug the hole to fix the leak. However, depending on the type of fix, this may not hold in place for too long.
It’s never good to be out on the road without a backup solution. Hazards await in all sorts of unexpected places. Something as insignificant as a piece of broken glass or a nail may be enough to puncture your tire and put an abrupt end to your plans for the day.
Be prepared for anything — pick up one of the best tire repair kits today and sleep soundly, knowing that you can fix any problem that may occur when you’re out on the road.